"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." - Mary Poppins


Thursday, June 18, 2015

 

I am enlarging and improving my dove aviary this month. After too many predator problems due to the chicken wire on the old addition, I am going to use expensive half-inch hardware cloth on the entire thing. Since I was doing the work of replacing wire, I figured I'd better go ahead and enlarge the addition.

The new addition will be 8' x 10' x 6' tall and will give the birds a lot more room for flying.
For the foundation, I used a combination of landscape timbers I had on hand, and bought several new 4" x 4" fancy treated timbers. We did cut down the ice-damaged elm tree that would be inside the footprint of the new space. The new area's top will be covered in metal sheeting for shade and rain protection.

The front and back panels of this aviary are constructed already and waiting up on the shop to be installed. I will post photos of that process next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments. I enjoy hearing from my readers.