"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." - Mary Poppins


Saturday, June 28, 2014

My family and I are in southeastern Minnesota, visiting friends, for the weekend. The weather here is very wet right now. There is flooding all around and about in low areas. My husband, Pat, and I drove to Wabasha, on the banks of the Mississippi River and saw some road closures and even a restaurant on the riverfront was closed due to high water. Our friends told us that when barges go by on the river a large wake is created and it is enough to wash over the bank and flood the restaurant. Bummer.

The plants are very green and lush, creating an almost rain forest feel to the area. It has reminded me of how much I love a more desert-like climate with dry summers! I revel in the low humidity day and hot dry winds we've had in central OK this year.

Anyway, we will drive back to OK tomorrow, watching for tornadoes all along the way, as severe weather is forecast. I hope we don't have any tornadoes at home tomorrow night. That would be a rough homecoming. I have only been away a few days, but miss my garden and animals terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments. I enjoy hearing from my readers.